Unemployment Insurance Performance Management
UI Performs Management System Overview
"UI Performs" is the unemployment insurance program's performance management system. The goal of UI Performs is cooperative management, planning and oversight leading to increasingly effective, consistent, efficient service to workers and employers.
UI operations are comprised of benefit eligibility determinations, payments or denials, an accessible appeals system, employer wage reporting and tax collection, and trust fund management. The UI Performs system of oversight includes two performance tracking categories. The first category is Core Measures, which encompasses oversight on key performance areas representative of the health of the entire unemployment insurance system. The Core Measures monitor key activities which have uniform national Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALPs). In the second category, the federal partner also maintains Management Information data to facilitate analysis of performance and to assist in planning corrective activities when necessary. Management Information tracks state performance on subsets of Core Measures and on ancillary activities such as interstate and federal programs.
Performance deficiencies are addressed through the State Quality Service Plans (SQSP) process. The SQSP serves as the performance document and the grant document through which states receive administrative funding.
State Workforce Agency Performance Reports
- Government Performance Results Act (GPRA) Reports
- Overpayment Detection Core Measure Summary Reports
- Ranked Performance on Core Measures
- Overpayment Detection Core Measure
- Facilitation of Reemployment Core Measure
- Other Performance Core Measures
- Overpayment Recovery Core Measures
- Improper Payment Rate Core Measure
- Core Measures and Acceptable levels of Performance
- Benefits Timeliness and Quality
- Tax Performance System (TPS) Computed Measures
- State Workforce Agency Performance Ranking (Excel files)
- UI PERFORMS Measures and Calculations
- UI Core Measures Score Cards